Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Some of my better lines

I've watched enough television to know the importance of having some good zingers during a breakup conversation, so I thought I'd share some of my better ones. 

Context: Brandon was in the process of telling me not to blame myself for his extensive cheating and years of lives. I interrupted:

"No. I'm not going to blame myself. The thing is, I like who I am, my personality, what I stand for, my body and how I look. Some of that is because of our relationship and some is in spite of it. I know that I'm not perfect, but I know that I did not deserve what you did, and that you're the only one to blame here."


It's true though - one of the biggest facets of this entire situation for me is the respect thing. Brandon disrespected me enough to 1) cheat on me with multiple partners 2) lie to me about it even when directly confronted and 3) humiliate me further by sharing photos of his conquests with our friends. 


Another good line:


"I respect myself way too much to be with someone who would do this, and speak that way about me." 


While I do believe that a lot of Brandon's behavior stems from some deep-seeded personal issues that he needs to work through to find happiness, I feel no responsibility, obligation, or desire to help him through that process in any way. He's on his own...or with Katy or Amanda or some other nameless skank. 


I'm just happy my STD test came back negative on all counts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment